Christmas Month





Hey Everyone,

We are officially in December - the month of Christmas, where its the end of the year and we can't wait to celebrate it with our family and friends. Christmas has always been one of my most favourite holidays, and no, it's not because of the presents, but rather the time to relax and have fun with the people that I love most.

Presents have never been a big thing for me when I was growing up, so the expectations for gifts are quite low. When it get close to Christmas, I always see those commercials on T.V. that tell you that if you donate a certain amount of money, you could help a struggling family get through this Christmas. For some reason, these commercials tend to speak to me and I always want to donate. Now, I'm not saying that I'm the most charitable guy but I do what I can to help out, whether it be giving a couple of dollars every week or some spare change on odd occasions. 

I don't know how many people actually read this blog, but I'm hoping that those that do would join me in donating some money to any charity this Christmas. Maybe instead of buying that cup of coffee every morning for work, you can donate that charity, or bringing your own lunch instead of eating out and use that money to help others. I know it's generic and cliche around this time of year, where everyone says that giving is better than receiving, but I think it's more than that - when you realise that donating so little money can help out a family, it reminds us how lucky we are to have all these luxuries. Imagine if you had to struggle during this time of the year, when everyone else is having dinner parties and giving expensive gifts, and you can't even afford to put food on the table - it really makes you appreciate what you have.

This year, I've decided to donate to one of the Salvation Army campaigns - where you donate only $29 and that's enough to help a family get by during this time. If you don't have money to spare, maybe you take some time out on the weekends and volunteer for a local charity event. The little effort you put in could help change someone's life.

Anyways, I gonna end this on a happier note and wish all of you - a Merry Christmas. Hope you all are well and I'll have an upload soon.

#TAG

P.S.
This link is for those who live in Australia and would like to donate to the Salvation Army campaign.

https://salvos.org.au/donate/make-a-donation/donate-online/?appeal=cachristmashome


Comments

Popular Posts