Blogging Tools + Apps

General layout of items I use to blog

Hello Everyone,

As my first post of 2016, I've decided to share the tools, apps and other miscellaneous things I use that help me create my blog posts. Most, if not all, of this stuff is pretty generic and you'll probably already have these things in your personal arsenal. That aside, let's get on with it.


TOOLS

No. 1- Notebook
The reason I have a notebook is because I personally like to write things down with pen and paper. I write down all the ideas that come to mind, and when I finally sit down, I go through the list and look at what I feel like blogging about. I don't carry my notebook around with me all the time, so I generally just make a note of the idea on my phone whenever I'm out.


Macbook Air, URBANEARS headphones, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & Seagate 1TB Hard-drive

No. 2 - Phone
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I am still obsessed with it. I don't have a proper camera at this point as I'm not sure how long I can/will continue writing this blog, so there's no point in investing in a camera at the moment, but also the fact that at this point, my Note 4 gets the job done. I use my phone mainly to take pictures and jot down ideas, I also edit my pictures on my phone but I'll get to that later.

No. 3 - Macbook Air
Obviously, you need a computer to write a blog, and for this I use my Macbook Air. I like using the Macbook because it's convenient and pretty versatile. When I sit down at my desk with my notebook + ideas, I start to construct my post, I'm usually browsing other blogs as well to see how other people assembling their blogs, for example how they layout their information and pictures. 

Apps/ Programs

No. 1 - VSCO
This is my favourite photo editing app to date, and most people use it for Instagram so it's a pretty well-known and well-rounded app. I usually take several shots of the same thing, then edit them to see which ones have the effect I want or looks the best, obviously.

No. 2 - Safari
Truth be told, Safari is not my default browser (it's Chrome, please don't hate me), but since I have decided to start writing blogs, I've made Safari my designated browser for blogging. I do everything related to blogging on Safari, from writing my own posts to checking new posts on blogs that I follow.

No. 3- Spotify
Not particularly relevant, but sometimes I like to listen to music as I'm writing my post because it generally helps me get a bit more creative, could be a psychological thing, but it works.

Misc.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 + Indigo URBANEARS Plattan

No.1 - Headphones
Obviously, I can't be blasting music when I write my blogs late at night, so I use my headphones - they are the URBANEARS PLATTAN in the colour Indigo. I got them as a late present for my birthday last year, they are comfy, but the thing with headphones I find, is that most of the time you have to wear them a lot or find a way to stretch them to make them comfortable (or maybe it's because I have a big head).

No. 2 - Hard Drive
I back up everything that's related to my blog such as photos and pieces of writing. I'm currently using a Seagate 1TB hard drive, so I've got heaps of space to fill with blog stuff.

Hopefully, you guys have enjoyed reading this post, I know it wasn't anything amazing or glamorous but I thought it'd be nice to let you guys know what I use to create these posts. Maybe, in the future when this blog becomes something, I can look back and see how I first started and see how far I've come.

Hope your 2016 has been great so far!! See you soon!



#TAG


P.S.
I had to borrow my sister's camera for these shots since I needed to take a photo of my phone.

Photography and Styling by Tag Samson

Comments

Popular Posts