Kayaking | Nepean River




It's a freezing winter in Australia right about now. It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. University has swamped me and I almost drowned.  I’m going talk a little bit about that and then I’ll get back to kayaking.

Before the start of the semester, I made the decision to take up a fifth subject, I know most people would call me crazy, but I wanted to challenge myself and try and speed up my degree. So having five subjects, and it’s worth of exams and assignments, I was mostly just trying to manage my time to keep up with the workload. I've only got a few weeks break before semester 2 commences again, so I'll try and post a little more.

Getting back to it, I still wanted to be able to have fun and enjoy my semester breaks and all, so in February, I decided to go kayaking with some friends in Nepean River. Nepean River is located in the southwest and west of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. We checked the weather a couple days beforehand, and took a train to Emu Plains where we got off and rented some one-person kayaks at a local canoe store.

Tip 1: You have to drag that kayak/canoe on some wheels for a good 15-20 minutes before you make it to the river, so you should probably have some sort of arm strength for that.

We found a nice spot to get into the water and we paddled along the river for about 45 minutes before stopping on the side to have lunch in the water. It was beautiful and quiet, serene even. We saw some ducks paddling by; some birds perched on some branches that grew over the water and chatted to some other kayakers.

Tip 2: Sunblock/ sunscreen all over
 Tip 3: Bring a change of clothes

We paddled for maybe 2 or 3 hours, sometimes letting the river's current carry us so we could relax and enjoy the scenery. It was a fun trip, and I would definitely recommend it for novices and for those more outdoor-sie. Although, it was a bit tricky taking photos, hopefully they turned out alright.

Til next time.

#TAG



Comments

Popular Posts